[#2062][7.0 Beta 2] Cannot take control of my ship (Save)

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[#2062][7.0 Beta 2] Cannot take control of my ship (Save)

Post by Scoob » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 16:16

Hi,

Please examine this save.

In it, you're on board a Phoenix E of mine as a passenger, standing on the Bridge. The ship is subordinate to one of my stations in a Defence role, but I've explicitly ordered it to attack a rampaging Xenon K.

I was thinking I'd perhaps fly the ship myself, if the pilot miss-behaves, however, I can neither interact with the Pilot's console to take control, nor can I interact with the Pilot directly.

I made a save and reloaded, and the issue remains for me.

Note: this Phoenix E was obtained via boarding and this is the first time I've stepped foot on it.

Hopefully the save reproduces the issue for you.

Tanall
x4

Re: [#2062][7.0 Beta 2] Cannot take control of my ship (Save)

Post by Tanall » Sat, 4. May 24, 21:45

I'm having the same issue in 7.0 Beta 4. I currently have 3 Phoenix E's. The one you start in in the provided save works just fine. The two up in Split space to the north are both suffering from this bug. The only difference between them is that the one you start in has been regularly flown, while the other two were left to their own devices for some hours.

As mentioned in another thread, the ones with the interaction bug CAN be piloted if you crouch in front of the helm console.

Save File
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Tanall
x4

Re: [#2062][7.0 Beta 2] Cannot take control of my ship (Save)

Post by Tanall » Sun, 5. May 24, 00:46

Something I just noticed when using the mentioned work-around: You are unable to target other ships or objects by clicking them in view when the ship is in the bugged state. Only by using the targeting keys or by clicking the radar.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) BuNn3h!!!1!!!111

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”