Beta 7 feedback

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Mr.Killer
x4

Beta 7 feedback

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. May 24, 12:17

Is it possible for you, dev team, webmasters, to add a message that makes clearly visible that some problems people post here, to give a signal of some sort that it is under the devs vision, or that it has dealt with and try it ou? something of a feedback.

I know from experience that working a problem away and still get the same 'problem' reactions, is not nice, so this would or could be a solution to let us players know that the problem is almost or totally solved.

Think about it, it would give us posters a clear knowledge that you get us, and in return, we get you (if you know what I mean, in a very positive way ofcourse)

Hope this is possible, otherwise, remove this post, you have my permission. :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Beta 7 feedback

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 4. May 24, 12:40

They sort of do have an acknowledgement method, even if they dont have time to post a response.

See this topic viewtopic.php?f=180&t=456976

As frustrating as that bug has been for me (due to the amount of time its been a thing holding up my progress), I know it is on their to-do list because they have changes the topic title to give it a bug number reference ..

[#1409]

If you see any of your bug reports get a ref number you know they are on it.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. May 24, 16:34

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 12:40
They sort of do have an acknowledgement method, even if they dont have time to post a response.

See this topic viewtopic.php?f=180&t=456976

As frustrating as that bug has been for me (due to the amount of time its been a thing holding up my progress), I know it is on their to-do list because they have changes the topic title to give it a bug number reference ..

[#1409]

If you see any of your bug reports get a ref number you know they are on it.
News to me, and good news!
Thanks.
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 4. May 24, 17:00

Reasons for them not doing that :
They cant reproduce it .. But they usually say if thats the case.
They havent got round to investigating it. They wont do anything with the topic for the time being.
Or they just make a post in your topic instead of tagging the title.
Rarely, if its shortly after a beta release and there are hundreds of bug reports, your report might be on the third/fourth page of the forum by then and they may have missed it .. At which point everyone starts trying to make a bump post to keep their own topic front page, which is against the rules many people dont read.
Its better to actually have no replies to your topic opening post, if a topic has 0 replies the devs are more likely to notice that and look into it no matter how far back it is.
It also depends on the relevant Dev for the subject matter noticing the problem, so wording the title appropriately is important to get the relevant Devs attention, although one will pass on something they notice to a relevant Dev.
But as has been mentioned a few times on this forum, they all do read everything posted. I think I have seen one admittance from a Dev that they missed a post completely, but thats only once since I joined this forum in 2006 just after I got into X2 The Threat.
Patience is a requirement here, and not the attention span of a goldfish :)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. May 24, 20:26

Ah, no matter, a goldfish forgot all about it ........ right now!
But you are right, I read also that devs read every post, and I tend to keep posts short and to the point, and try to be as clear as possible with a savegame.
Now I need to post again, not about this, something else, so thanks for the insight. :)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”