[FEEDBACK-BETA][BUG] Stationsminers

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Keriken AshtarCorp
x4

[FEEDBACK-BETA][BUG] Stationsminers

Post by Keriken AshtarCorp » Sat, 4. May 24, 22:39

Hello,

Keep it simple and short.

Station miners have the problem that they almost always get resources from distant sectors, although sometimes there is a source right next to the station that has much more.

It would make sense to be able to give stations the command in which sector the resources should be looked for.

I have the problem right now that my station in (CEO's doubts) is producing the graphs that want to collect methane from (Cardinal's Empire), but the ships are not collecting anything even though the sector has methane present, so a bug. Right next to the station, I have 1,609K methane but you are flying into the sector where apparently there is supposed to be 11,000K but there is nothing. At least on the map only red was discovered and no methane field

The same with other resources, you shouldn't mine resources where there are resource probes and where they are close.

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK-BETA][BUG] Stationsminers

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Sun, 5. May 24, 02:11

You actually can control where they go using the "global orders" feature. For example, if I want station miners to only mine in the sector I put the station in (becuase I put the station next to the resources) I create an Activies Blacklist. Then I call it "SWXI Only" in my case since I wanted them to stay in Silent Witness XI. Then you toggle "reserve all sectors", which then lets you select the only sector you want units assigned to this global order to "act" in (mining works for this) - then you assign that to the station itself. Then all subordinates of the station will automatically get the same rule (which can be overridden in the info tab)

It works pretty well, and I use it all the time. It can make things worse sometimes though if youre not careful and forget the rules you make (if youre me anyway)

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”