[#2226][7B4HF1][BUG] Vast majority of my employees are not displayed in personnel list

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

stillsuit
x4

[#2226][7B4HF1][BUG] Vast majority of my employees are not displayed in personnel list

Post by stillsuit » Sun, 5. May 24, 10:25

Fresh start with Empyrean Curs on 7B4HF1.

Most of my employees, with exception of Captains and station managers are not displayed in the personnel list from Empire tab. I can see (and manage) them from the individual ships. Some random service crew are still displayed, and, when I'm trying to move them between ships random additional service crew appears in the list and old are gone.

Also, as you can see, I have Axion as my employee and some random 4-star pilot (maybe from the Empyrean Curs start, where some dude delivers Kid to the prison exit). Plot Axion from the Barbarossa functions normally, my fake Axion refuses to talk but still can be moved around with the menu.

Save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MuGcGd ... sp=sharing

stillsuit
x4

Re: [7B4HF1][BUG] Vast majority of my employees are not displayed in personnel list

Post by stillsuit » Sun, 5. May 24, 10:37

stillsuit wrote:
Sun, 5. May 24, 10:25
Axion
I've meant Axiom, of course :oops:
Paranid-hacker extraordinaire from the Empyrean Curs plot.

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [#2226][7B4HF1][BUG] Vast majority of my employees are not displayed in personnel list

Post by rboerdijk » Thu, 16. May 24, 10:21

Hello,

That indeed looks like a clone of Axiom, the one on the Barbarossa has a different ID.

I don't have an explanation on how that could happen, so some questions to narrow it down:
  • Do you remember how you got him as an employee?
  • Were you able to "Hire" him in a conversation?
  • Was he "suddenly there" as an employee?
  • When did you first notice you had him? (at the very start of the story? at some specific point in the story? )
  • Where did you first find him (on a ship? on the HQ?)
  • Do you have older saves (to track back to a point where he wasn't an employee)?

YorrickVander
x4

Re: [#2226][7B4HF1][BUG] Vast majority of my employees are not displayed in personnel list

Post by YorrickVander » Thu, 16. May 24, 14:53

There is a similar thread here, detailing, if not this issue, then a very similar one : viewtopic.php?f=192&t=461960
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Thu, 16. May 24, 19:15

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 16. May 24, 10:21
Hello,

That indeed looks like a clone of Axiom, the one on the Barbarossa has a different ID.

I don't have an explanation on how that could happen, so some questions to narrow it down:
  • When did you first notice you had him? (at the very start of the story? at some specific point in the story? )
  • Do you have older saves (to track back to a point where he wasn't an employee)?
  • Not exactly, he was sitting in one of my ships (pretty sure it was starting Kid fighter)
  • I didn't hire him, but maybe I was trying to speak to him during starting quest, when he flies/lands the ship on to Barbarossa and then walks into the elevator.
  • Yes
  • I didn't notice exactly, but when I acquired HQ and was looking for station manager I noticed him in my list.
  • He was sitting as an unassigned crew on the starting ship
  • I don't, but I will try to replicate the bug on [7B5], and will provide saves if it happens again

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Thu, 16. May 24, 20:09

rboerdijk wrote:
Thu, 16. May 24, 10:21
Hello,

Have a look at my report here: viewtopic.php?f=192&t=461960#p5225958. The issue seems to be very similar. In case you missed to download the saves before they expired, I can reupload them. I might even have saves to trace further back, I make several save per hour and keep a backups.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 17. May 24, 02:39

stillsuit wrote:
Thu, 16. May 24, 19:15
but I will try to replicate the bug on [7B5], and will provide saves if it happens again
I could not replicate Axiom bug on the new beta.

On the cloned Axiom save I talked to him at the beginning (when he was inside the prison cell) about every topic he provides.
This time I still talked to him but didn't select any lore dialogues. This is basically the only difference in play-through outside of the version change.
I also remember him taking some time before arriving on the ship, but now we were aboard almost at the same time.

Pretty sure TheDeliveryMan has better saves than I could provide for Axiom bug.

But "some random 4-star pilot" I complained about in the topic is indeed the pilot that delivers Kyd
Spoiler
Show
bruh, sorry, was using localised version and though the name is "Kid"
to the prison. Pilot stays inside the fighter after its transferred to you as invisible (from the main employee list) service crew.
If you are interested in the ghost employees here is 2 saves from the beginning:
Save 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12eOQom ... sp=sharing Just after boarding escape Kyd. You can see delivery pilot walking away (this time it was a 3-star pilot)
Save 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yaSi-l ... sp=sharing After Axiom transfer ship to me. Delivery pilot sits inside as a service crew, but does not displayed in the Employee list until made into Captain. I believe that Kyd was the reason some of my employees were disappearing from the list.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”