[#2054][7.0 Beta 2 (528865)] Hostile Defense drone docked on boarded Xenon H

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Quellcoder
x4

[#2054][7.0 Beta 2 (528865)] Hostile Defense drone docked on boarded Xenon H

Post by Quellcoder » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 23:09

Hello,

i had a plan to trigger the boarding operation of an Xenon H while his subordinates
are docked so i can get them too.
All worked fine and i got one , otherwise unobtainable, Xenon M and one Xenon N.

But there was an defence drone that docked right when my boarding "team" took
control over the H and it is still docked with it and hostile.

Also i am not able to send the M and the N anywhere because i can not assign pilots
to them, despite they stated in the encyclopedia with one crew space.
But that is something what i expected when i made the plan to obtain "unobtainable"
ships in an unmodified game.

Kind Regards

Savegame: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apyo_eAfZREAojn-Vkp ... E?e=sUAhX4

X4 Foundations Beta 2.JPG

Quellcoder
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2 (528865)] Hostile Defense drone docked on boarded Xenon H

Post by Quellcoder » Sat, 13. Apr 24, 00:33

With some furhter investigation i can say that defence drones, that are deployed during
the boarding maneuver will infact dock with your fresh obtained Xenon H and stay hostile.
Attachments

Quellcoder
x4

7.0 Beta 2 (528865)] Swap Captains Command allows assigning captains to unobtainable ships

Post by Quellcoder » Tue, 16. Apr 24, 15:08

Hello Team,

as i showed in this post i had forged a situation
where i was able to capture one Xenon M and one Xenon N while they where docked on an Xenon H when it was
succesfully boarded.

Now with the "Swap captains" command i managed to transfer pilots to this unobtainable ships and can send them arround.

At first i assigned an "unknown" xenon pilot to them from an PE, SE, B or F i claimed but i was not able to let them undock,
but when i swaped the xenon pilot with an normal pilot they accepted the orders i gave them without problems.

The only catch is that you can not teleport to these ships because they are not meant do be piloted by the player.

Savegame: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Apyo_eAfZREAojn-Vkp ... E?e=sUAhX4

Kind Regards
Attachments

atsmith66
x4

Xenon H still has hostile drones after capture (Beta 4 hotfix 1) save included

Post by atsmith66 » Sun, 5. May 24, 19:29

Using Beta 4 Hotfix 1

Just captured a Xenon H. After capturing it there are four Xenon Drones docked and marked hostile. I can't get rid of them.

You can download the save file showing this here.

P.S. Thanks for sorting the drone docking behaviour. I just tried it and they launch and dock great!

Hope that helps.

Scoob
x4

Re: Xenon H still has hostile drones after capture (Beta 4 hotfix 1) save included

Post by Scoob » Mon, 6. May 24, 18:16

One of the issues this causes is it freaks out my local patrols.

In my game, I have a captured Xenon H parked near a cluster of my stations. It has one obviously hostile Drone that's visible on the map screen all the times, plus four other Drones that are showing as in use, but not. I've tried selling all Drones, yet the hostile one (and the four others) remain. No amount of buying any selling Drones clears the issue, it's been many hours at this point.

Anyway, my local Patrols are constantly flipping between attacking that hostile Drone and not. The ships will literally flicker from attack to regular patrol (Assigned to Station Defence) as they move around. When the flip to attack, the order instantly clears - they cannot attack the Drone as it appears to be inside the ship - and then repeats.

Game has been saved and reloaded numerous times, the H has traversed multiple sectors, had ALL Drones removed, then added again and the issue simply will not clear. I can add my own save to this post if it will help? I am aware there was an earlier post on this issue though.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”